On the weekend of October 9-10, 2004, the parish celebrated the 75th Anniversary since its founding in 1929.┬á Originally established in Dearborn’s South End, the community moved its current location in 1975, continuing to meet the spiritual needs of a growing and diverse Romanian-American community.
Joining the clergy and faithful of the parish for this special event were His Eminence Nathaniel, Archbishop of Detroit and The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America, and His Grace Irineu, Bishop of Dearborn Heights and Auxiliary Bishop of The Romanian Orthodox Episcopate of America, together with other visiting priests, deacons and faithful from neighboring parishes.
The festivities began Saturday evening with the formal greeting of the bishops upon their arrival, followed by the blessing of the newly-installed mosaic panels at the church’s baptistry, and then the celebration of Great Vespers.┬á Immediately following the services, everyone enjoyed a festive dance in the social hall with music provided by the Transylvania Orchestra and a delicious buffet prepared by the ladies of the parish.
The celebration continued Sunday morning with the Hierarchal Divine Liturgy, and then concluding with the Anniversary Banquet in the social hall with over 500 people participating.
Many years!┬á La mul╚Ťi ani!